- Collect all information and documentation from the U.S. citizen and foreign fiancee/spouse required for submitting your initial petition with immigration services (the USCIS).
- Prepare and file your visa petition with the USCIS.
- Follow up directly with USCIS staff as issues arise in the normal course of case processing.
- Pending USCIS approval, we begin preparations for the foreign fiancee or spousal visa interview at the appropriate U.S. Consulate abroad.
- Communicate with the National Visa Center as needed to ensure your case clears in a timely manner. While your case is at the NVC, we will advise and assist on any Homeland Security issues that may arise and cause undue delays.
- Review and advise on all financial documentation of the U.S. citizen needed to meet income requirements.
- Advise on all documentation required for the fiancee or spousal visa interview at the appropriate U.S. Consulate.
- Advise and assist in preparing forms and submissions required of the U.S. Consulate.
- Advise the foreign fiancee / spouse on all matters in preparation for Consular processing, including how to obtain a Consulate interview, complete the appropriate medical exam and vaccinations, as required.
- Help the foreigner prepare for the Consulate interview. Review and assist on any issues regarding your case, and provide last minute written instructions just prior to the interview.
- In the event of visa refusal, respond to Consulate concerns as may be appropriate in furtherance of visa issuance.
- Communicate and keep you informed of all important developments regarding your case.
Our Legal Fees
|Initial USCIS filing
|Each dependent child (if any)
|Consulate Visa application (each)
|Medical Exam (each, most countries)
Foreign Language Support: Russian & Spanish
If interested, we have foreign language support for case management in: Russian and Spanish. If you like we can have an assistant contact your loved one and help manage your case in one of these languages. Otherwise, we will continue in English.
The optional cost of foreign language support is US $250. Each foreign case manager is trained and experienced, and works under my direction. Language support would be an add-on to our services and would include email communications, instructions regarding document preparation, interview preparations, and through to visa issuance. Translations are a separate matter, not part of case management. Foreign language telephone support is not generally available except if there is an emergency that needs attention. The foreign case managers want to help and are flexible as long as it is understood phone communications are limited to emergencies.
Regardless of whether you have foreign language support, primary responsibilities and oversight will always remain with your English speaking case manager and with our firm on the whole. The foreign language support is a useful tool. If you choose it, then please allow the foreign language case manager to work directly with your loved one. It sometimes happens that U.S. citizen clients will want to remain fully involved in all communications, but this is not possible if you do not speak the language. You would need to allow the foreigners the ability to simply converse. You should speak up only if you perceive there may be a problem. Reasonable communication is the key.
Foreign Document Translations
If you would like assistance with foreign language translations and notarizations required for case submission and the consulate interview, please notify us with your request.
Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, and Moldovan
|Divorce or Annulment Certificate
|Quotations are available for other documents. Simply inquire of your case manager as needed.
|250 words or less per document
Please inquire with your case manager. Note: Chinese documents generally must be handled through the China government.
|Typically, we can mail multiple translations in one mailing to help save mailing costs. Our recommendation is USPS Priority mail since it is cost effective.